Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The life of a Mommy

There are some things you don't realize that will happen when you become a mommy. Things that you may have taken for granted in the past. One of those things is being secluded. I've recently started to feel this way again. I did at the beginning of mommyhood and I feel that way yet again.

Ezra is one that has to sleep in his crib for naps. He can't nap on the go anymore, and really hasn't since he was about 2 months old. This makes me have to carefully plan every day around his nap schedule, and around his eating schedule. The two don't coincide, leaving me a small window to actually leave the house.

Even when I do leave the house, it's for a quick trip to the grocery store for more formula or a quick trip to church. Even thinking about taking Ezra to a dr's appointment stresses me out.

I never realized how much I'd crave adult interaction and adult conversation. Maybe I realize this more this week because as the school year continues along, my friend that had every day off in the summer is busy teaching. I have friends that work nights and sleep during the days and friends that work. It's not an easy thing to not get to see your friends anymore.

I enjoy my time at home with Ezra, but it does get "boring" at times. There are only so many times I can walk around the house maneuvering his musical walker, only so many miles I can walk, only so many books we can read, etc. Yes, I do feel like a bad mommy by saying all this, especially while I know so many mommy's who wish they could stay home. Maybe it will get easier as Ezra grows older (although I need to have a job by then), and it has gotten easier as Ezra has learned how to play by himself, but it doesn't make me need some girl time any less. I am however thankful that I've witnessed every single milestone of Ezra's life thus far. I would be incredibly sad if I missed out any of those.

Mommy's to be, enjoy your time to get out, to see friends, and to be "free" while you can, it'll all change the minute you give birth!

2 comments:

  1. Syd is also a crib only sleeper, but it will get easier as Ezra starts to eat "normal" food. Syd eats everything now so going out to eat is finally "easy." I also feed her bottles in her car seat if we happen to be out during bottle time. It's annoying and kind of a pain, but much better than feeling trapped...try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonny too. And for what its worth, I think EVERY mom has those feelings of "boredom"! I think the ones who say they don't are in denial! You can only think of so many songs, only walk around the block so many times, only read them so many stories... And that's ALL entertainment for them. It gets tiring. Its the greatest job in the world, of course, but I think it is the hardest. How many people can say they work outside of the home 24/7? GO, US MOMMIES!!! :) Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete