Monday, December 3, 2012

A Year of Blessings

Ezra Dean, we have been so blessed to have you in our lives. You turned one today!! When I woke up around 5 this morning, I was bummed that my body didn't wake me up at 3:42, when you were born. I really wanted to be awake for that moment. I went to bed remembering being in labor at that moment. I did wake up around 1:30 and remembered that soon after that I was begging the nurse to push you out!

You have taught us so many lessons this last year, but most importantly how to love and how to understand the Father's love for us even more. I don't think anyone can fathom the love of a parent until they have children of their own. And for me, it was more than that, the love the Father has given us is so much more apparent to me after having you. Through all the trials, all the struggles, all the times I was in tears over the last year, I never stopped loving you. Imagine how God is just like that, in everything we do, every single sin we make, He never stops loving us. How amazing is that love!

You are now sleeping through the night almost every night. I was sure we'd never get to that point. Much of this last here has been survival mode for us! You eat all your meals with us, we still get amazed at how you can just chew the same food, and walk around and drink from your sippy cup. It's the little things that really amaze us!

You love to chase your daddy around the house, or have him chase you. You just started enjoying reading stories, you're not talking yet, but you're a champ at walking! I'll take your mobility any day!

A year ago, I remember gazing into your eyes and imagining what life would be like. It hasn't necessarily been exactly what I imagined, but I couldn't have had this year any other way. You are amazing, you give hugs and kisses, your smiles and laughter light up any room. You are so loved, not just by your daddy and your mommy, but by your friends and family as well. I cannot remember what life was like before you, and I really don't want to. Your daddy and I are so incredibly happy and so excited to continue to watch you grow! We can't wait to see you as a big brother come April, you'll love your little sister so much and be the best big brother!

Ezra Dean, we love you so much! Happy Birthday little man!

Minutes old!

First Birthday cake!

Our little man is ONE!

1 comment: