Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A long time coming

I'm a mommy of an, inquisitive, bright, cheerful, sleepless, and amazing little 7 month old boy. 8 months ago I never would have imagined the journey that I've been through in my short time of being a mommy. I want to share my story, my preconceived notions of being a mommy, how life changes, and how to live in God's graces through mommyhood! I'll take you on a journey through my pregnancy (I wish I had done that during that time, but God willing, you'll get to share in future pregnancies with me), on a journey of the first half of my son's life, and beyond.

I should preface the entire blog with just how much God has blessed me with my sweet baby. I, in no way, regret my decision to become a mom, nor do I take my son for granted. While many of my posts may seem that I hate my vocation as a mommy, I do not. It has been the most rewarding and challenging vocation that I have been blessed with.

While I don't plan on scaring anyone away from mommyhood, there are so many things that I wish I would have been told prior to becoming a mommy. Things that I'd like to share, not to scare women away from it (maybe scare the teenagers), but so that hopefully I can touch one person to be better prepared for the new life that often comes with mommyhood! This is also such a joyful time, so I won't fill this space with scare tactics, but my journey has been far from what you see on tv or in the movies!

Please join me on this journey. Learn with me, laugh with me, at me, cry with me, join me in my joys and in my sorrows, pray with and for me and feel free to share your stories. I'll jump around for awhile until I get us to the present time, but I may always reflect on my pregnancy!

(And yes, I know mommyhood is not a word!)

No comments:

Post a Comment